George Monbiot is one of Britain's finest writers on Climate. He has a weekly column where he writes on political and environmental issues with The Guardian and is the author of multiple books. His book feral has inspired a rewinding movement in the UK, and his latest book Regenesis looks at the future of farming.
In this podcast we discuss
- The complexity of soil
- How common farming practices are destroying the structure of soil
- What working on a pig farm is like
- How much DEFRA suck
- Where there is hope in eco-farming
- The impact of animal agriculture
- The future of protein
- How farmers control farming policies
Find more from George on his website: https://www.monbiot.com/about/
Support for the podcast
I'm an independent podcaster, which is a fancy way of saying no one pays me a regular wage. And, to level with you, that is terrifying- all of the time. So, if you like what I do and want me to keep doing it please support the show in one of the following ways.
- Share the podcast with a friend, or review the podcast.
- Make a one-off donation with BuyMeACoffee
I work with a couple of great companies who have discounts arranged for A Need To Read listeners, they're listed below. The discounts (BH) + freebies (AG) will already be applied when you click the link.
- Go to Therapy and get 10% off your first month with BetterHelp, who sponsor the show
- Get your nutrition covered with the all-in-one AG1 shake from Athletic Greens, who also sponsor the show.
- You can also give me feedback/comments/validation by emailing me: hello (at) aneedtoread.co.uk