Kieran Setiya is a Professor of Philosophy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He was born in Hull, UK. He is known for his work in ethics, epistemology, and the philosophy of mind.
- Utilitarianism and the problems with focusing on happiness
- The Good Enough life
- Dealing with injustice
- Effective altruism
- Dealing with powerlessness and the limits of individualism
- Meaning in an absurd world
- Assessing hope
- How to face your midlife crisis
- Dealing with regret
- Meditation and presence
- Kieran’s favourite philosopher
His website is: http://www.ksetiya.net/
Support for the podcast
I'm an independent podcaster, which is a fancy way of saying no one pays me a regular wage. And, to level with you, that is terrifying- all of the time. So, if you like what I do and want me to keep doing it please support the show in one of the following ways.
- Share the podcast with a friend, or review the podcast.
- Make a one-off donation with BuyMeACoffee
I work with a couple of great companies who have discounts arranged for A Need To Read listeners, they're listed below. The discounts (BH) + freebies (AG) will already be applied when you click the link.
- Go to Therapy and get 10% off your first month with BetterHelp, who sponsor the show
- Get your nutrition covered with the all-in-one AG1 shake from Athletic Greens, who also sponsor the show.
- You can also give me feedback/comments/validation by emailing me: hello (at) aneedtoread.co.uk
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.