Bill McGuire is a Professor Emeritus of Geophysical and Climate Hazards at University College London, and a writer, who is regularly published in The Guardian, The Times, and The Observer. He is the author of many books, notably the newest, Hothouse Earth - an inhabitants guide, which is a look towards the future of our planet.
In this podcast we discuss:
- The impact of rising sea levels on the earth's crust, volcanos, coastal cities, and marine life
- Humanity’s downward spiral due to the climate crisis
- Capitalism and climate change
And at the end, I chat about how I'm trying not to be sad all the time about what the future is looking likely to hold.
Support for the podcast
I'm an independent podcaster, which is a fancy way of saying no one pays me a regular wage. And, to level with you, that is terrifying- all of the time. So, if you like what I do and want me to keep doing it please support the show in one of the following ways.
- Share the podcast with a friend, or review the podcast.
- Make a one-off donation with BuyMeACoffee
I work with a couple of great companies who have discounts arranged for A Need To Read listeners, they're listed below. The discounts (BH) + freebies (AG) will already be applied when you click the link.
- Go to Therapy and get 10% off your first month with BetterHelp, who sponsor the show
- Get your nutrition covered with the all-in-one AG1 shake from Athletic Greens, who also sponsor the show.
- You can also give me feedback/comments/validation by emailing me: hello (at) aneedtoread.co.uk
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.